What We Do
Although there is no way to guarantee 100% damage free shipments, condition issues only occur approximately 1% of the time. If this does happen, we are happy to assist you in the resolution process. Using our services is similar to using a travel agent or travel website. If you had an issue, you would talk with the airline or hotel to get it resolved. Executive Auto Shippers is a broker, so we do not take possession of the vehicle being transported, but rather facilitate your auto shipment. The carrier is the company that actually transports the automobile and thus they are the responsible party.
One of the differences in using our services over other brokers or carriers directly is that Executive Auto Shippers will help facilitate the damage resolution process. With our position in the shipping marketplace, we can often get claims resolved faster or with a more positive outcome than if you were to try and handle it directly with the carrier. Carriers know that we help provide many of their shipments and want to keep a good working relationship with us. We also help influence other car shipping brokers through an industry rating system, and when they aren’t willing to cooperate with us on damage issues, we rate them according.
Our Resolution Specialist will assist you with the process of filing and resolving this claim. This person does not make the determinations or issue settlements but rather acts as a facilitator to assist you with this process. This is just one more step that Executive Auto Shippers takes to go above and beyond our competition. The Resolution Specialist is available during business hours at extension 102 or after hours at extension 103.
- Make sure you perform a thorough inspection of the exterior of your vehicle at delivery.
- Be sure to note the damage on the paperwork the driver gives you to release your vehicle (Bill-of-Lading).
- When noting the damage, please be as specific as possible about the type and location of the transport damage.
- Take several pictures of the damage to your vehicle. Preferably from different angles and distances.
- Report the damage to Executive Auto Shippers as soon as possible. You may report transport damage either by phone or email.
- Submit a copy of the condition report (Bill-of-Lading) with noted transport damage along with all of your pictures by email to Executive Auto Shippers.
- Our Resolution Specialist will submit the transportation claim to the carrier and/or the carrier’s insurance provider on your behalf.
- Please be patient. We understand that this is a difficult process and we do everything in our power to expedite a resolution. However, transport damage claims are rarely resolved within a day or two, especially when insurance companies are involved.